Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Not Dead, Can't Quit

Hey everybody, obviously I didn't post yesterday and I apologize for that. Yesterday sucked for me. Not only was I a little bit over trained, but I also had a signifigant speedbump in my personal life that left me "not in the mood". I did go to the 6:30 a.m. class and it was 7 sets of 1 push jerk to get my one rep max lift. One rep max lifts are hard to get that early in the morning. I have also decided to pull out of Grapplers Quest in July and start training for Grapplers Quest in October in Denver, Colorado. The reason being, I have not had the training I feel like I would need to compete. I haven't had any training partners that are willing to train outside of their normal training like I did last time. My weight has not come down at all. I have been 200 pounds for the last 2 months and the reality is, I should be down to at least 185 by now. At this weight, I would be considered a heavyweight, and I would be going up against individuals weighing anywhere from 200 to 260 lbs. And frankly, I'm just not into that. So this will be a time for me to reboot, start over, and attack this training full throttle. My new motto that I have adopted from a Navy Seal is "Not dead, can't quit." I'll have a new video up tonight. Thank you all for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment