Monday, June 20, 2011

"Tillman"



This is the day that Tillman ruined my life! This is a workout where you do 7 rounds of 7 heavy deadlifts, a 200 meter wind sprint, and 15 pull ups. This was the first CrossFit workout I ever did, and I did it when I weighed 250 lbs. I am in incredible shape compared to when I did it back then, and let me tell you, it didn't help me out one bit. You are supposed to rest 45 seconds in between each round. I didn't rest between round 6 and 7 because I was ready to be done. The rest of the day I spent trying to recover. I was completely exhausted and ultimately decided to rest instead of going to Jiu Jitsu. I can't wait to get back to it on Wednesday! This workout is a Hero WOD named after Patrick Daniel Tillman (5.6.76 – 4.22.04) was a professional football player who left the National Football League and enlisted in the United States Army in May 2002. He joined the Army Rangers and served multiple tours in combat before he was killed in the mountains of Afghanistan. He was a recipient of the Silver Star, the third highest honor in the military, and a Purple Heart. Pat is survived by his wife Marie. He is also remembered through the foundation named in his honor; the mission being to inspire people to make positive changes in themselves and in the world around them.

                                        

1 comment: