Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ryron Gracie Interview

Hey everybody! I'm running across a lot of interesting videos today. This is a interview with one of the famous Gracie Brothers, Ryron Gracie. I met this brother when I went to the Gracie Headquarters to test for my blue belt. I had just gotten done with my belt test and was in the locker room changing out of my gi and back into my street clothes. Ryron Gracie comes walking in to congratulate me, literally catching me with my pants down! I scramble to pull my pants up and run over to shake his hand.

Getting my blue belt has been a big goal of mine for a really long time. I got it the way I wanted to by going to the Gracie Jiu Jitsu Headquarters in Torrance, California. I had the honor of meeting both of the Gracie Brothers, Rener and Ryron, as well as, the Grand Master Rorion Gracie. Rener was the first one I met as he came into the lobby to welcome us in. I met Rorion as I was in the room to begin my test. I was 100% focused on the task at hand and he pokes his head in and takes me completely out of my headspace! I jump up to go shake his hand and he asks "Why didn't you stand up in base?" Of coarse he was joking, but I started freaking out! All I could think was "Oh my god, I'm failing already!" Needless to say, I passed my belt test and was in the locker room trying to wrap my head around the fact that I finally accomplished a long term goal of mine when Ryron caught me with my pants down! Here is the video I promised you guys. Enjoy!

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-IUexkG2EY&feature=channel_video_title

No comments:

Post a Comment