Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The CrossFit Games!

Hey everybody! It's the CrossFit Games this weekend, and personally, I couldn't be more excited! There are some incredible athletes competing this year and they are going to go all out! Of coarse I'm rooting for my hero Mikko Salo, but there are numerous competitors I am looking forward to watching this year. Some of which are Rich Froning, Graham Holmburg, and Chris Spealer. *I hope I spelled those names right* Chris Spealer is always the smallest competitor at the games and he has competed in every single one. Last year he did a WOD that had a 315 lb. deadlift. When you take into account that Chris is only 145 lbs., the fact that he is lifting over double his bodyweight for multiple reps is pretty incredible.

Like I said, I'm really looking forward to watching this event, I can't wait! It's not like the UFC where I get to watch at least one a month, if not 2 or 3. I have to wait a whole entire year for this, and I definitely plan on going to next years event! Here is a highlight video from last years games, enjoy and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment