Monday, July 11, 2011

One Win, One Loss = Silver Medal

Hey everybody! Here is the video of both of my matches. Both of these matches were completely crazy for different reasons. We had been at this event all day long! We got there at 10 a.m. and I didn't compete until about 5:30. I was completely un prepared and off gaurd. I was filming my Jiu Jitsu coach when I heard them announce my class over the speakers. I heard them announce my name and finally the mat I had to be at. I ran over there and right when I checked in they said "You're Jesse? Great, you're up!" I took my glasses off, threw my mouth peace in and was immediately thrown into battle! This guy was really strong and aggresive. I could tell he was a wrestler so I knew he was going to blow himself out within just a few minutes, all I had to do was survive the storm. I wore him down and caught him in a triangle choke to win the bout. I had a huge adrenaline dump and once it wore off I was completely exhausted! I couldn't even jump around! I was supposed to fight again but my opponent didn't show up so I got to relax a little bit while they finished up another division. My next bout was against a far more skilled opponent. He was another wrestler and he listened to his coach perfectly. I was doing really well but once he got past my legs and got control, I was stuck! I could hardly move! He used perfect technique and moved from one position to the other. He started working for a north/south choke and I was able to get some space the first time. He made a few minor adjustments and this time sunk the choke perfectly. I had no choice but to tap. I really learned a lot from that match and I'm going to make the adjustments I need to my weaknesses. Somebody has my gold medal and believe me, I'm coming for it! Come November, these light heavyweights better watch out, because I'm coming to win! Thanks for the support everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment