Friday, June 29, 2012

The End Of Month Two

It's the end of month 2 here in the beautiful Flagstaff, Arizona. I have, somewhat successfully, completed a months worth of a nutrition challenge. I had no problem whatsoever with sugar, or breads and pastas. My weakness? Chips. You read that right. Chips. If you put the most amazing chocolate cake ever created and a bowl of the best guacamole ever created directly in front of me, I would go for the guacamole. Do you remember a blog post ago when I told you about the amazing chicken enchilada stew I made? Said stew is absolutely incredible with Tostidos brand whole wheat chips. The best pizza that man kind can possibly imagine? I'll take the chips and salsa please. I stayed away from dairy but those chips got me. I have my first cheat day on Sunday. Pizza from NiMarco's and pasta from Oregano's will be my reward.

I lost 10 lbs. in my first month with one cheat meal a week, adding a few cups of great tasting coffee during the week as well. This last month, with no cheat days, I only lost 7 lbs. Needless to say, I feel like cheat days are the way to go for me. I will be going back to the marvelous world of amazing food once a week starting in July.

July is a big month for me. I'm going to start training at a new Jiu Jitsu school starting on the 3rd. It's ran by a black belt. This is a good thing because all of my hard work will be recognized and promotion to purple belt is eminent. I'm going to start seriously training for the Furious Fundraiser Competition at CrossFit Fury in October. The team that won last years CrossFit Games, which also looks like the team to beat at this years annual event, has a blog of their daily workouts programmed by Ben Burgeron. This team goes by the name of CrossFit New England. And they are known for the phenomenal programming and training regimen that Mr. Burgeron puts together. Much to my surprise, the rest days for the team fall exactly in to line with my rest days. So it feels like Ben is programming workouts just for me! If you want to know what my extra workouts will be for the day, you can follow along here www.competitorswod.blogspot.com.

Here are the pics of my progress. I will post some more at the end of next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment