Friday, August 3, 2012

The Furious Five: Unite

It's the beginning of August, and the date has been set for the CrossFit Fury competition. This year they switched it up on us. This year it will be a team event. Teams of 2 will conquer 3 workouts in one day. The first is a SWAT style workout in honor of the Phoenix Police Force. The second will be a Fire Fighter type workout for the Phoenix Fire Fighters. Last but not least will be a CrossFit style workout. I'm not entirely sure what any of that means. And it makes me a little nervous. Although I'm pretty sure I need to practice rope climbs.

The new Jiu Jitsu school is nothing short of phenomenal. I've only been there a month and I've already noticed a significant improvement in my game. I am completely obsessed with Jiu Jitsu again and it's a great feeling to have that particular drive boiling inside of me again. I'm on the quest to get my purple belt and I'm pretty sure it's not a long way off. The hard part will be patience. I know I won't get it right away, but I'm pretty sure it will be less then a year before it will be mine.

It is the end of month 3 on my new diet. I feel amazing. I'm working towards being in the best shape of my life and the diet is making a huge difference. I've lost a total of 20 lbs. and gained a little bit of muscle mass in the process. Thank you for the support and I will keep you updated on everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment