Friday, February 24, 2012

Open WOD #1

The CrossFit Open WOD # 12.1 is in the books! It was an amrap in 7 minutes of burpees. I'm not going to lie to you. It was pretty awful. I remember starting and going and going and going, then somebody shouts "Half way!" All I could think to myself was "Oh my god, I could die out here." Right around the 5th minute my heart and my mind were still in it to win it. My body had other ideas. I would be screaming in my head "Drop to the floor!" I don't really know what my body was doing, but it wasn't that. "One minute left!" At that point I gave it everything I had, but it wasn't much. I ended up with an 87 rep effort. I could redo the WOD, but I honestly don't think I could do too much better then that. That would be an incredible amount of work for an extra 4 or 5 reps. So I'm pretty happy with my score. Considering that Katie Hogan is one of the best CrossFit athletes in the world and she got 91 reps, I don't feel to bad. Looking forward to next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment